So, my dis/ability just became visible. Yes, that does say Disability Moth. That is how I typed it so I decided it should stay. Full disclosure. I am Dyslexic, dyspraxic, and depressive. I wouldn’t be without any of them.
This is a quick note to highlight the work the Dis/ability team does and to have a bit of a shout about how great our self-identifying students and staff are.
We currently support 686 students in the faculty. We offer a different sort of support to that found in School. We want to help you feel independent and in control of your learning. To experience the benefits of your diversity and encourage you to help us make AHSS actively inclusive for both staff and students. With the correct support, we have evidence to demonstrate that we can outperform our peers.
We think and live differently and so add difference that really does enrich our community.
As a team we work collaboratively on:
- Time management
- Organisational skills
- Understanding what an essay/report/presentation/dissertation is (not the subject)
- Getting the best out of everyday and adaptive technologies and apps
- Positive affirmation
- Promoting our skills and the benefits of how we are to those we study and work with
- Team teaching in class workshops on all the above
- screenings for Dyslexia and ADHD.