Terms and Conditions #WheresRuskin? photo Competition
- This Competition is open to anyone who posts a photo of ARU’s Ruskin the Rhino mascot during our Applicant Day on Saturday, 16 March and uploads it between 9:00 on 16 March and 23:59 on Monday 18 March to Twitter and/or Instagram with the caption #WheresRuskin. The competition is open to employees, current students of Anglia Ruskin University (“ARU”), and visitors to ARU, their families or anyone else associated with this Competition (the “Competitors”). The competition closes at 23:59 on Monday 18 March.
- The winner will be announced on Wednesday 20 March 2019.
- All information detailing how to enter this Competition forms part of these Terms and Conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the Competitor agrees to abide by these rules. Submission of any entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- All Competitors must be over the age of 16 years. Entries made by persons under the age of 16 will not be valid and will be excluded from the competition.
- One entry per person.
- Competitors must provide the details requested by ARU which may include their name, date of birth, age, address (including postcode), telephone number and/or email address. This information will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 solely for the following purposes:
- establishing that an entrant is entitled to enter the Competition
- informing entrants that they have won a prize
- confirming that an entry is valid and complies with these Terms and Conditions
- use of the photo of an entrant for up to 1 year for marketing purposes.
- Data provided to ARU as part of this competition will be kept for no longer than 1 year.
- There will be one prize winner: the prize for winning the Competition is an ‘adoption’ of a rhino in the form of donation to WWF conservation, a Anglia Ruskin branded hoodie, a Anglia Ruskin branded KeepCup and a £20 Amazon gift voucher.
- Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced, inappropriate or corrupt entries will not be accepted and will be removed. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- The prizes as described are available on the date of publication. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Events may occur that render the Competition itself or the awarding of prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of ARU, and accordingly ARU may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to ARU as a result thereof.
- Prizes can only be sent to a UK/EU postal address.
- Prizes will be sent in the post and the competitor is solely responsible for ensuring that they provide ARU with the correct postal address and contact information.
- ARU reserves the right to select an alternative winner and award any prize to another entrant in the event that:
- ARU has reasonable grounds for believing that an entrant has contravened any term or condition of entry;
- The winner fails to respond to ARU informing him/her/them of the result of the competition within 14 days of the message being sent. If a response is not received within the 14 days the offer of a prize will be withdrawn with immediate effect and a new winner will be selected.
- ARU shall not be liable for any delay in performing wholly or partially any of its obligations to the winner and/or any guests under these terms and conditions if the delay is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions however so ever caused.
- This competition is not endorsed by Twitter, Instagram or Amazon or any other third party.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
ARU reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice.
ARU Data Protection Officer: can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights – You have the following rights for your personal data: to withdraw consent at any time, to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office Helpline 0303 123 1113 or www.ico.org.uk ; you may request a copy of your data from us; to request us to cease processing if you suffer damage or distress; to correct the data; to request us to erase your data; to restrict our data processing activities; request us to stop any direct marketing activities to you.